The Future Resurrection of the Lord’s People. 1st Corinthians 15:35-58.
Resurrection will be a transformation. 35-41.
This is illustrated by seeds. Many seeds are ugly.
Nature has diversity of form. Greek religious doctrine (pantheism, basically) couldn’t explain diversity of forms.
Paul calls arrogant arguers “fools” (v.36).
Four differences about the resurrection body.
1. It will be imperishable (can’t age, get sick, or die). 2. It will be glorious (lit with the visible glory of God). 3. It will be powerful (full of divine vigor). Malachi 4:1- 4. It will be spiritual (draw its life from Heaven).
Spiritual isn’t always the opposite of physical in Scripture. Christ was raised with a physical body (Luke 24:38-42).
When and how will be our resurrection be?
1. “Flesh and blood” = We need to be changed to enter into direct participation in Christ’s earthly kingdom. We’re legal citizens of His kingdom now, but there’s more to come.
2. “kingdom of God” = Christ’s future visible reign on the earth.
3. “Sleep” = metaphor for “die”. John 11:11-14.
4. Resurrection/transformation will be instantaneous.
5. Resurrection is for all. This includes all the OT believers.
6. It will be at the last trumpet. 1st Th. 4:16, Rev. 11:15-19.
Motivation for good works? Your good works are not pointless. Death will not be your end, & God will reward all of your good works.